Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

Can scratches be removed or a part replaced on my GE Cafe…

Customer Question
Can scratches be removed...

Can scratches be removed or a part replaced on my GE Cafe gas range. I think the cleaning ladies did it with the grates while cleaning. The scratches are right on top in front of the grates. very noticeable.

Contractor's Assistant: Can you guesstimate how old your GE is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?

It was here when I moved in, let me see if I have the paperwork

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

I don’t know I found the bill of sale just a minute

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

Bought 7/13 dual fuel range C25985SETSS

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Appliance
3/12/2018
Appliance Technician: ApplianceTech, Appliance Technician replied 4 months ago
ApplianceTech
ApplianceTech, Appliance Technician

Hello and thanks for using JA!

My name is ***** ***** I have been repairing appliances for over 40 yrs and I will be assisting you tonight in trying to find out why your appliance is not working. Sometimes, there will be lapses in my replies back to your because of the volume of questions I am answering. But, please be assured that I will be giving you my best effort to help solve your problem.
Give me a few minutes to check out the info you have provided, so I can give you an accurate answer.
Thanks

Where on the range are the scratches located.

Is it possible to upload a photo using the paper clip function on the this chat?

Is it item #5 on this illustration?

click here

on the top flat part
Too late tonight I will continue tomorrow thanks

OK

I will pick up tomorrow