Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

We have a combined washer/dryer GTUP270EM5WW. The washer…

We have a combined...

We have a combined washer/dryer GTUP270EM5WW. The washer control knob is in off position. Spin light is green and on constantly and the red door locked light is on constantly. We cannot get our clothes out of the washer. Can you help us?

Contractor's Assistant: What's the make and model of your washing machine? And can you guesstimate how old it is?

GTUP270EM5WW GE washer/dryer, installed in our apartment Feb 2015.

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

We'd like to remedy the problem ourselves if possible, since I'm in the process of running several loads before a trip.

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

Just need to know how to get the lid unlocked.

3/12/2018
Webb-Guy
Webb-Guy, Handyman

Hello, and welcome to JustAnswer. My name is ***** ***** I will be the one to assist you. Sorry to hear that you are having this trouble. Have you tried unplugging your appliance for 5 minutes to do a hard reset yet? If unplugging is not easy to do turning off the breaker for 5 minutes does the same thing.

We did try unplugging it but not for 5 minutes. We will do that now.

let me know what happens.

We'll try the 5 minute step.
After 3 minutes, we were able to open the lid. So we'll plus the unit back in and see what happens.
All the lights are off so I think the washer is ready for another load. Will proceed and hopefully the spin will complete and the lid open. Thank you very much.

Hopefully all it needed was a control board reset which is what you did. If the problem comes back feel free to reach out to me back on this thread.

My goal is to give you the best experience possible! I hope I have earned a 5 star rating! Please remember to rate my service by selecting the 5 stars at the top of the screen before you leave today. If you need more assistance, please use the reply box and let me know. Rating does not stop you from getting back to me in the event you need me. It has been a pleasure assisting you today.

Webb-Guy
Webb-Guy, Handyman
Sorry for delay in replying - was loading my washer! Yes, you earned 5 stars. Appreciate your expertise. I'll keep you in mind if we need more help. Will mark the 5 minute hard stop in our manual. Thanks again, Travis.