Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

Washer keeps on filling and draining at the same time, does…

Washer keeps on filling...

Washer keeps on filling and draining at the same time, does not stop to spin. does this on all cycles.

Contractor's Assistant: What's the make and model of your washing machine? And can you guesstimate how old it is?

GE WSXH208 10 years old

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Yes

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

Its mounted with a dryer of same make in stacked mode.

3/11/2018
Joel Swenson

Hello sorry to hear you are having trouble, I'm Joel and will be glad to help you today.

The pressure switch on the unit has failed and needs to be replaced. The part number is ***** The pressure switch is located inside the control housing it's the one with the plastic tube connected to it that runs down to the washer drum. The switch can be ordered from the link below:

click here to order pressure switch

We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting the 5th star to the right at the top, (bottom if using a mobile phone) of the screen, you will see 5 empty stars, click on the 5th star to the right to give me a high rating. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service. Rating the answer does not close the question out, you can still find it in your My Questions if you need to follow up and have a further conversation with me. I do not get compensated until you rate, so it will be greatly appreciated, thanks.

Hi there,
I see you have read the answer a while ago and I have not heard back from you, if there is nothing else I can help you with at this time please take a moment to rate my assistance and if you need anything later on you can still follow up, thank you.

thanks I'll try replacing this.

You are welcome.

Joel Swenson