Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

I had an LG electric oven and electric flat cooktop. I put…

I had an LG...

I had an LG electric oven and electric flat cooktop. I put it into the cleaning mode today. Now nothing works at all no digital display oven doesn't turn on burners don't turn on the oven does have power to it so it is not a breaker problem. The oven door is locked. Because the oven seems to be completely dead. It's only a year-and-a-half old. Could it be the whole motherboard

Contractor's Assistant: Can you guesstimate how old your LG is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?

It is a year-and-a-half-old. The model number is *****

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

I would like to cuz I don't have the money to pay somebody. And I'm very handy

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

Do you think it's possibly the motherboard?

Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call.
Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
When plugged in the only thing that will power up is when you turn a burner knob on little tiny light says burner on but the surface does not heat up north of the other light that says surface is hot
3/12/2018
Jason Pabon

Hello JACUSTOMER-eyinnk27, All electric self cleaning ovens have a safety thermostat to prevent a runaway situation. It is a very common thing for self clean to trip that safety. Some hi-limit t-stats are resettable, but the vast majority are not. If you could, please send me the model number of your unit and I will look up your part and tell you where it's located.

Jason Pabon
The model number is *****
Phone call session started

Hello, So the hi limit thermal blew on your machine the part is located on the back of the unit, behind the back panel mounted with two screws flush to the cavity. The part number is ***** Very easy swap out. If you need anything else, Ill be here to help.