Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

I am considering buying a steam oven and I've been told that…

I am considering buying...

I am considering buying a steam oven and I've been told that having it plumbed to a water line could be a problem. Miele has one that says you can plumb it but wolf specifically doesn't. Do you know if there is a problem with plumbing a steam oven?

Contractor's Assistant: Can you guesstimate how old your Miele is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?

I haven't purchased one yet. I am deciding on which to buy. The Miele is model # DGC6805-1XL

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

I don't think so. But it really is more of a question "is having a plumbed steam oven problematic?"

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

I don't think so

3/12/2018
Gina-Moderator
Gina-Moderator, Moderator
Hello:
I'm Gina, the moderator for this category. I'm so sorry that an Expert has
not connected with you yet. I wanted to reach out to see if you still needed
assistance with your question? Please use the reply box below to let me
know if you'd like to continue or cancel.
Thank you,
Gina~Moderator
Tyler Z., Appliance Doc

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I'll be helping you with your appliance question today. Please wait a few moments while I review your question.

Ok thanks.

Not a problem and I'm sorry about the delay. Plumbing a steam oven isn't really problematic I would say, but there are several more issues that can occur with a plumbed unit verse one that you just fill up a container of water. There are electronic solenoids to open and close water flow from your house and if a solenoid fails it can keep pouring into the oven and flood it. Other than that, more electronics and parts are used to make a plumbed in version as opposed to a manually filled container. For reliability, a non-plumbed in version is going to be better, but I wouldn't say you'll definitely have problem if you get a plumbed in steam oven either. It's just more likely to have problems.

Thanks for the help

no problem and good luck!

Tyler Z., Appliance Doc