Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

My lid lock light is flashing I tried to understand plug for…

Customer Question
My lid lock light...

My lid lock light is flashing I tried to understand plug for 5 min and the lid light automatically starts flashing again and I have also tried holding the cancel button for 20 seconds and still nothing please help can't wash my clothes

Contractor's Assistant: What's the make and model of your washing machine? And can you guesstimate how old it is?

It is about 2 years old

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

W10682729 centennial MCT Maytag and yes

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

No just need help getting it to work so I can wash clothes

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Appliance
How do I get the light off
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call.
Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Can you call me
Centennial MCT Maytag
Mod-MVWC555DW0
Type-589-01
Ser#-C51741114
6.0 Amp
120 Volts
60 Hz
3/12/2018
Appliance Technician: Gina-Moderator, Moderator replied 4 months ago
Gina-Moderator
Gina-Moderator, Moderator
Hello:
I'm Gina, the moderator for this category. I'm so sorry that an Expert has
not connected with you yet. I wanted to reach out to see if you still needed
assistance with your question? Please use the reply box below to let me
know if you'd like to continue or cancel.
Thank you,
Gina~Moderator
Continue
Appliance Technician: Kelly, Appliance Technician replied 4 months ago
Kelly, Appliance Technician

Thanks for counting on us to help with your appliance problem. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you!

The flashing light just means the control sees an issue with the machine. The attached tech sheet shows how to access the diagnostic cycle to retrieve the stored error codes. Can you do so and post what you find here, please?