Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

Where does the defrost drain tube from the freezer run to so…

Customer Question
Where does the defrost...

Where does the defrost drain tube from the freezer run to so I can make sure it is clear

Contractor's Assistant: What's the make and model? And have you checked the settings recently?

It is a kenmore elite coldspot model 106 with freezer on top

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

The drain tube was frozen shut

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

Yes I am.

Submitted: 5 months ago.Category: Appliance
Answered in 1 minute by:
3/11/2018
Appliance Technician: Engineer-Tech, Home Appliance Technician replied 5 months ago
Engineer-Tech
Engineer-Tech, Home Appliance Technician

Hello and welcome to Just Answer. My name is ***** ***** I will be helping you. Sorry you are having trouble with your refrigerator . Please give me a moment to review your question. Please note that it sometimes takes a while to type responses and answers. Also note that you may receive a phone call offer from Just Answer. That is automatically sent by the website and not from the expert.

You won't need to trace the drain down to the pan. You only need to thaw the frozen drain out and then use air pressure to clear it as follows:

Pour hot water down the drain hole until it's draining properly again. Once it's draining properly blow compressed air down to make sure it's clear. If you don't have compressed air, use a turkey baster to blow the line out. After that just put the freezer back together it should stop leaking. I use this method regularly and it takes care of the problem.

- PLEASE use the stars at the top or bottom of your screen my service before you leave today. Since we are on the honor system, Just Answer will only credit me for my time if you rate me positively. By giving me a rating of 4 or 5 stars at the TOP RIGHT of your screen I will provide free follow up questions for this appliance after this session. I am not always online, but answer questions as soon as I see them. So if you don't get an answer right away, don't worry, I log on daily to respond to questions. Thank you.