Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

I have a maytag dryer with an upper and lower cabinet and…

Customer Question
I have a maytag...

I have a maytag dryer with an upper and lower cabinet and the motor will not start on the lower dryer all indications are good and can hear the realy

Contractor's Assistant: Can you guesstimate how old your Maytag is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?

10 years

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Yes I am pretty handy rebuild electric motors and gear boxes for a living

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

Don't know

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Appliance
3/11/2018
Appliance Technician: Kelly, Appliance Technician replied 4 months ago
Kelly, Appliance Technician

Thanks for counting on us to help with your appliance problem. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you!

Do you hear the motor humming/buzzing, trying to start?

no

Thank you. Please allow me just a few minutes to prepare some information for you, thank you!

There is a thermal fuse on the element housing that has opened. It is in line with the motor circuit so when it opens, power cannot get to the motor. That fuse is shown as number 21 in the diagram at the link below.

CLICK HERE

The link below is to the part you will need!

CLICK HERE

The complete service manual may be downloaded from the link below!

CLICK HERE

If you would be so kind, would you please remember to rate my service USING THE STAR SCALE at the top or the bottom of the page before you leave today? You may post back at anytime with follow up questions. Please let me know how I may earn your 5 star rating! Thank you so much!

found out drum shifted and wore through the wire going to thermo fuse fixed the wire and it works fine rollers on drum are wore out

Excellent, nice work!

If you would be so kind, would you please remember to rate my service USING THE STAR SCALE at the top or the bottom of the page before you leave today?

Hello, I see this question is still open and I was just following up to see if you require further assistance.