Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

I tried to cancel a load by pressing the power button. now…

I tried to cancel...

I tried to cancel a load by pressing the power button. now it wont open or turn off. i can not reach the power cord to unplug it, how do i shut it off now??? im freaking out.

Contractor's Assistant: Just to clarify, what's the make and model of the appliance? And has it done this before?

Maytag 4000 series. no it hasnt

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Yes

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

Not other than i cant move the dryer on top to unplug it

Answered in 1 minute by:
3/11/2018
Kelly, Appliance Technician

Thanks for counting on us to help with your appliance problem. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you!

Can you get to the breaker to turn the power off there for a few minutes?

i turned the breaker off. the door is still locked on the machine and it is blinking that the door is locked.

If the breaker is off, it should go dark in less than a minute. If it is still on, you do not have the right breaker off.

i got the correct breaker off and back on. the washer will turn on and off, but even with on, it will not open the door. door lock light is not on

Will it allow you to start a cycle now, even though the door has not unlocked?

it did. i was able to shut if off and turn it back on, pause and get the door to open.Phew! Thank you for all of your help, Kelly! You are a lifesaver!!!

Excellent, glad it reset for you! :)

If you would be so kind, would you please remember to rate my service USING THE STAR SCALE at the top or the bottom of the page before you leave today? You may post back at anytime with follow up questions. Please let me know how I may earn your 5 star rating! Thank you so much!

Kelly, Appliance Technician
Absolutely!!! Thanks again for all of your help!!!

Thank you so much! I am glad I was able to help.