Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

How do l find the model number on a whirlpool frig? Give me…

How do l find...

How do l find the model number on a whirlpool frig?

Contractor's Assistant: Can you guesstimate how old your Whirlpool is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?

Give me a minute

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

About 17

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

Where do I find the model # on the frig?

3/11/2018
Kelly, Appliance Technician

Thanks for counting on us to help with your appliance problem. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you!

The model tag is in the refrigerator, high on a side wall or on the ceiling. What problem are you having with your refrigerator?

Same question about model #

Oh, okay. The model tag is in the refrigerator section, high on a side wall or on the ceiling.

Whirlpool frig about t 17 years old where do I. Find the model # on this frig!
  • The model tag is in the refrigerator section, high on a side wall or on the ceiling.
Hi Kelly Whirlpool fridge model number E D5FVGXWS00 Problem with ice arm had to glue arm not coming down is there a power switch that I have to turn on - 2nd front water and ice dispenser seems to be self contained is there a lithium battery and how do I pull off the front to investigate appreciate your help Kelly thank you
No I can't afford it thank you

Sorry for the auto call offer, I have no control over those.

I understand Are you researching that model number?

The ice maker switch is with that arm. When it is up, the ice maker is off. When it is down, the ice maker is on.

There is no battery, the front panel is powered through a wiring harness that comes up from the lower hinge.

I understand about the arm but is not going down I don't wanna force because the the mounting plastic that holds the hinge had to be glued and a wonder what I can do to get the arm down. If you can help with that 1st then I'll talk to you about the the front dispenser
I unplugged it to see if it would reset didn't work

If the arm is not able to come down, the module at the front of the ice maker is bad or you accidentally glued the bail arm.

Know the arm of moves back-and-forth I didn't glue it just the plastic, the unit might be badd? Kelly do you know the approximate cost of that unit
Does the ice maker control the front that dispenses the water and the ice?

Yes, the module is faulty then. I will get you information for that.

The front dispenser is all separate. Is it just dead, no power?

Thank you

The module is available below.

CLICK HERE

The video at the link below shows how it is accessed.

CLICK HERE

Had some problems with the site your gonna find me some information on the replacement unit? and I don't know if you got the text on how to investigate the front ice & water dispenser how do I pull off the front panel and when I do what am looking for?

The module is available below.

CLICK HERE

CLICK HERE

Thank you for the link up did you get my last text concerning the the front ice dispenser and water dispenser How do I pull off the front panel and what am I looking for

You probably don't need to remove the dispenser panel. Is it just dead, no lights or operation?

Right - that link you gave me will that also give me information on replacing that front unit

That link is for fixing the ice maker only.

As for the dispenser, at the bottom of the door is a black mesh sleeve that has the wiring harness in it. With the refrigerator unplugged, carefully cut a small hole in that mesh or pull it apart to see if any of the wires are broken inside.

I don't see mesh it's plastic so I cut a hole in that plastic in then pull the the the whole front panel off and then investigate the wiring?

NO, DO NOT DO ANYTHING WITH THE FRONT PANEL.

At the bottom of the door is a black mesh sleeve that comes out of the hinge that has the wiring harness in it. With the refrigerator unplugged, carefully cut a small hole in that mesh or pull it apart to see if any of the wires are broken inside.

Got it if there's no cut wires that link you gave me will that also give me the cost of replacing the front unit?

No, that link is only for the ice maker. I will get you dispenser panel information.

Thank you Appreciate it
You've been a great help Kelly send me a link to where I can express my appreciation for your professionalism

The link below is to the part you will need!

CLICK HERE

To replace it, place a flat screwdriver in the slots at the bottom and gently twist. Once off the tabs at the bottom, the entire panel will lift off and unplug.

If you would be so kind, would you please remember to rate my service USING THE STAR SCALE at the top or the bottom of the page before you leave today? You may post back at anytime with follow up questions. Please let me know how I may earn your 5 star rating!

Thank you so much!

Will do !!!!! are you gonna be sending me that link on the replacement front panel

I already did above.....but it is below now, too.

CLICK HERE

• To replace it, place a flat screwdriver in the slots at the bottom and gently twist. Once off the tabs at the bottom, the entire panel will lift off and unplug.
Would you send it again on the front panel I don't seem to be finding it thank you

CLICK HERE

I don't know if you got my text but again thank you I will rate our discussion and get back to you and let you know. appreciate Everything
Have a good day

Thank you very much!

Kelly, Appliance Technician