Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

Does a Fisher Paykel Dryer DEGX2 have a capacitor? I haven't…

Does a Fisher Paykel...

Does a Fisher Paykel Dryer DEGX2 have a capacitor? I haven't been able to find one.

Contractor's Assistant: Can you guesstimate how old your Fisher & Paykel is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?

96102-b

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Possibly

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

I'm guessing about 7 years old

Answered in 1 hour by:
3/11/2018
Ray, Home Appliance Technician

Hello, I'm Ray and would be happy to help you. No capacitor on it, it's built into the motor. What is the machine doing?

After drying a load of clothes I opened the lid and found the drum was turned so that I couldn't get the clothes. I was able to push the drum in order to open it up and get the clothes. The fault codes are 1 & 2 and the summary indicates Drum Stalled.

The bearings in it broke. To be honest with you you will come out cheaper just replacing the machine because it's a major repair and costly

Thanks much appreciated. As the directions for the fault codes was to check the belt and motor...then replace the control module and then the motor. Quite a bit of expense only to find out it was none of these. Is this typical of the Fisher Paykel fault code system?

Yes, Their codes are not accurate at all. They do make a pretty good machine

good luck to you. I would deeply appreciate it if you would rate me.. Thank you and take care

Ray, Home Appliance Technician