Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

I own a Maytag washing machine model MVWB835DW2. I looked…

I own a Maytag...

I own a Maytag washing machine model MVWB835DW2. I looked online at Appliance Assistant for the button sequence to activate Diagnostics Tests and the instructions are not for my machine. Do you know the correct sequence?

Contractor's Assistant: Can you guesstimate how old your Maytag is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?

I bought it in 2016 and again it is the MVWB835DW2 model.

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Yes, I have it pulled apart and am having trouble removing the basket from the tub. Soaked it in 3-in-1 oil over night and will try again to remove the basket manually. Would be nice to know of a simpler way to remove the basket.

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

Sure, water won't flow into any cycle, and before that symptom began, water wouldn't drain completely from basket. It got worse. I'm removing the basket to clean out the tub and drain to see if that works since I can't get to the diagnostics tests.

3/11/2018
applianceguy
applianceguy, Customer Service
Hi. Tip unit back and look at inner front of cabinet. Do you see a bag with tech sheet?
No.
Ok. Be right back.
No. I thought I'd get a written button pushing sequence to activate the diagnostics tests. I don't want to have it dictated to me over the phone. I don't want the service.
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=xpTCLMugh60
That U-Tube video isn't for my washer and that method doesn't work. Everything I've found on U-Tube has been for earlier models of my machine. This is getting me no where. I don't want to continue with this service.
Kelly, Appliance Technician

Sorry to hear you are having appliance trouble, I know how frustrating that can be! My name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you!

The tech sheet for your model is attached! :)

If you would be so kind, would you please remember to rate my service USING THE STAR SCALE at the top or the bottom of the page before you leave today? You may post back at anytime with follow up questions. Please let me know how I may earn your 5 star rating! Thank you so much!

I'm not at the washing machine location right now. I'll go there later in the day to work on it again and use the Tech Sheet you provided. Thank you for it. I'll contact you later in the evening...

Thank you.

Kelly, Appliance Technician
The tech sheet is very helpful. Thanks.