Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

Siemens dryer WTXD5322US wont start. 8-10 years I think that…

Customer Question
Siemens dryer WTXD5322US wont...

Siemens dryer WTXD5322US wont start

Contractor's Assistant: Can you guesstimate how old your Siemens is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?

8-10 years I think that is the model number

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Yep

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

Sure, dyer began to make a very loud grating noise. I took off the front and found a screw between the drum roller and the drum. Removed it. WHile I had the front off, I opened the lint container and cleaned it out. Reassembled everything, now it won't start. Took it apart again and checked the door switch. It's fine. Reassembled. Lights at on, powe is good, it just clicks when I hit the start button and nothing happens.

Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Appliance
3/11/2018
Appliance Technician: Gavin, Home Appliance Technician replied 3 months ago
Gavin
Gavin, Home Appliance Technician
Hi, thanks for using Just Answer. I’m Gavin and I’ll help you diagnose your fault
There are a couple of checks / tests that can help us figure it out.
1) when you press start give the drum a push start to see if it kicks in
2) check all the wiring to the motor.Let me know when you’ve tried these and what happensThanksGavin
I've tried #1 and it didn't help. And yes, I've checked #2.
Ok, after it clicks are there any other noises that it make ie humming?
nope, no humming. Additional info: again, it was working fine until I took the front off to solve the grating noise problem. Found what was causing that, and removed a loose screw that had gotten wedged between the drum and roller. Opened up the lint box and cleaned that out with a towel and vacuum. Put the front back on and now it doesn't work. Took front back off and checked all connections. They were OK. Took back off and checked connections. They were fine. Re-assembled again. Still didn't work. Can't find much on-line. Looking for a fuse of some type, but can't find any.
another thing, I checked the door latch. Appeared OK. Checked Ohms on the door switch. That was fine too.
There’s no inline fuses on your machine. If it clicks when you start it the pcb is doing what it should. I don’t think I’m going to be able to help you with this one sorry so I’ll opt out. If it was working before you took it apart it’s most likely going to be a bad connection somewhere but probably not a faulty component
Appliance Technician: Kelly, Appliance Technician replied 3 months ago
Kelly, Appliance Technician

Sorry to hear you are having appliance trouble, I know how frustrating that can be! My name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you!

The thermal fuse on the blower housing likely has a loose wire or the belt switch is open. Can you disassemble the dryer again to inspect the thermal fuse connections and see if the belt is on and tight?