Joel Swenson
Joel Swenson,
Experience:  Owner at Scott's Appliance Repair
89799402

THE CHILD LOCK IS ON AND I HAVE HELD THE TIME AND TEMP

THE CHILD LOCK IS ON AND I HAVE HELD THE TIME AND TEMP BUTTONS SIMULTANEOUSLY, IT WILL NOT TURN OFF AND I DO NOT KNOW WHAT TO DO NOW. CAN YOU HELP ME PLEASE. IT IS A SAMSUNG DRYER MODEL # DV48H7400EP/A2.
JA: Can you guesstimate how old your Samsung is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?
Customer: 2 YEARS
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: I AM NOT A REPAIR PERSON BUT IF IT IS A SIMPLE BUTTON PUSH OR UNPLUG I CAN DO THIS.
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: I HAVE NO INFO EXCEPT, THIS SET IS AT OUR DRIVERS LOUNGE AND MANY DRIVERS USE IT. I AM 1 OF THOSE DRIVERS AND I JUST PULLED THE OWNERS MANUAL UP ON THE INTERNET TO CHECK OUT WHY IT WILL NOT START. I AM JUST GUESSING THIS IS THE REASON IT IS NOT STARTING.

Hello sorry to hear you are having trouble, I'm Joel and will be glad to help you today.

Try and reset the board by unplugging the unit or killing power to it at the breaker for 2 minutes restore power and then again try and hold down the time and temp buttons at the same time and if the child lock will not deactivate then the main board is bad and will have to be replaced to repair the unit.

We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting the 5th star to the right at the top, (bottom if using a mobile phone) of the screen, you will see 5 empty stars, click on the 5th star to the right to give me a high rating. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service. Rating the answer does not close the question out, you can still find it in your My Questions if you need to follow up and have a further conversation with me. I do not get compensated until you rate, so it will be greatly appreciated, thanks.

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
I have done the unplug step to get it to reset to no avail. I will tell the supervisor what the problem is so he can get it repaired. Thanks

You are welcome, thank you please remember to rate my assistance before you go have a great day!