Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

My icemaker is not working. The water is not freezing into…

Customer Question
My icemaker is not...

My icemaker is not working. The water is not freezing into ice

Contractor's Assistant: What's the make and model? And have you checked the settings recently?

Frigidare FFHB2740PS6A and yes I have checked the settings

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

NOt sure

Submitted: 5 months ago.Category: Appliance
3/11/2018
Appliance Technician: Webb-Guy, Handyman replied 5 months ago
Webb-Guy
Webb-Guy, Handyman

Hello, and welcome to JustAnswer. My name is ***** ***** I will be the one to assist you. Give me just a moment to pull up some information for you and I will be right with you.

so​ if the ice maker is not making ice because the water is not freezing that can only mean two things. Either the door is not sealing properly to allow the unit to cool as it should but if the freezer is cooling as normal then that leaves the ice maker itself being the issue. The ice maker mold is not freezing to create ice. The whole ice maker itself would need to be replaced in order to fix this issue. This is the ice maker for your unit.

https://www.repairclinic.com/PartDetail/Ice-Maker-Assembly/243297606/3289593?modelNumber=FFHB2740PS6A​

My goal is to give you the best experience possible! I hope I have earned a 5 star rating! Please remember to rate my service by selecting the 5 stars at the top of the screen before you leave today. If you need more assistance, please use the reply box and let me know. Rating does not stop you from getting back to me in the event you need me. It has been a pleasure assisting you today.

I ​noticed that your question is still open so I wanted to follow up with you to see if you were needing anything further?