Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

GE Monogram control panel on the top of the door has lights…

Customer Question
GE Monogram control panel on...
GE Monogram control panel on the top of the door has lights that don't turn on. Therefore, the dishwasher won't run
Submitted: 5 months ago.Category: Appliance
GE monogram model ZBD6880K00S
Answered in 1 hour by:
3/11/2018
Appliance Technician: Webb-Guy, Handyman replied 5 months ago
Webb-Guy
Webb-Guy, Handyman

Hello, and welcome to JustAnswer. My name is ***** ***** I will be the one to assist you. Sorry to hear that you are having this trouble. Have you tried unplugging your appliance for 5 minutes to do a hard reset yet? If unplugging is not easy to do turning off the breaker for 5 minutes does the same thing.

It still doesn't work.

so there are no lights on the display at all? Do you happen to have a multimeter?

I don't have one. Something like this has happened before. A technician came out and just replaced the thin panel strip on top of the door.
After your last email yesterday, I paid to have the chance to talk live with you. I haven't heard anything since.

I did not accept the phone call and the funds are still on your account. Did you have a chance to look at the part is that what they replaced

I need to look at it when I get home this evening. I believe so. I will let you know. If you are available around 6:00 or so, we could try the phone call. I appreciate your help.

I am not available for a phone call if you want the phone call I can open this to other experts. If your wanting to continue on this thread I am more then willing to assist you. I just need to know if this is the part that was replaced last time.

I appreciate that. I think it may be best for a live phone call. Could you hand off to someone who could call me?
Thanks,(###) ###-####
I am available to talk by phone for the next two hours. Please let me know if that is going to work out- whether with you or a different available consultant.
Appliance Technician: Kelly, Appliance Technician replied 5 months ago
Kelly, Appliance Technician

Sorry to hear you are having appliance trouble, I know how frustrating that can be! My name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you!

If it is totally dead, the issue likely lies with the power supply or the main control. Can you get a meter to perform some electrical testing with?