Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

When i close the washer lid and start it up it begins

Customer Question
When i close the...

When i close the washer lid and start it up it begins sensing and then the lid lock light goes off and then goes on again and just blinks

Contractor's Assistant: What's the make and model of your washing machine? And can you guesstimate how old it is?

Maytag bravos model mvwx600xw1 about 5 years old

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Hopefully

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

I have to unplug the machine to get the lid lock to disengage the lid.

Submitted: 5 months ago.Category: Appliance
3/11/2018
Appliance Technician: Webb-Guy, Handyman replied 5 months ago
Webb-Guy
Webb-Guy, Handyman

Hello, and welcome to JustAnswer. My name is ***** ***** I will be the one to assist you. Sorry to hear that you are having this trouble. Have you tried unplugging your appliance for 5 minutes to do a hard reset yet? If unplugging is not easy to do turning off the breaker for 5 minutes does the same thing.