Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

LG WM 2501 HV/A washer, drum light stays on

3/11/2018
Webb-Guy
Webb-Guy, Handyman

Hello, and welcome to JustAnswer. My name is ***** ***** I will be the one to assist you. Sorry to hear that you are having this trouble. Have you tried unplugging your appliance for 5 minutes to do a hard reset yet? If unplugging is not easy to do turning off the breaker for 5 minutes does the same thing.

I unplug it and the light goes off after 10-15 seconds or so.... however I haven’t tried leaving it unplugged for 5 mins, I’ll try that now

ok let me know what happens.

No dice, light is still on

ok so with the door open do you see the door switch on the outside? Can you press it for me? More then likely your door switch has went bad and needs replaced.

My goal is to give you the best experience possible! I hope I have earned a 5 star rating! Please remember to rate my service by selecting the 5 stars at the top of the screen before you leave today. If you need more assistance, please use the reply box and let me know. Rating does not stop you from getting back to me in the event you need me. It has been a pleasure assisting you today.

I see the door switch, pushing it doesn’t turn the light off. Also saw the product link, thanks. Couple questions:
1. The washer works fine, other than the light staying on. if the door switch were faulty would this prevent me from starting a wash cycle?
2. How big of a project is it to replace? I see the two screws on th outside, though looks like I need to get behind to install....Thanks
-Kevin

do​ you happen to have a multimeter we can test the lamp assembly wire with? I didn't realize it was running correctly. I just thought the light wasn't going off which of course would indicate something wrong with the door switch.

http://www.appliancepartspros.com/lg-lamp-assembly-6913er4001a-ap4439284.html​

I do have one but I’m away from home until this evening, I’ll check back later today or tomorrow

that would be just fine. Message me on here when your home.

Webb-Guy
Webb-Guy, Handyman