Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

I have a may tag French door refrigerator model MFI2569VEM2.

I have a may...

I have a may tag French door refrigerator model MFI2569VEM2

Contractor's Assistant: What's the make and model of the fridge? And can you guesstimate how old is it?

The control panel on the front is of a sudden not working.

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Yes. Maytag model MFI2569VEM2 It’s prob a 2012

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

The ice maker has not worked in a while. The freezer is working the best I can tell. I do not hear the compressor running either

3/11/2018
Kelly, Appliance Technician

Thanks for counting on us to help with your appliance problem. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you!

This is a common problem but one easily corrected. Please allow me just a few minutes to prepare some information for you, thank you!

Ok thanks

The main control is experiencing a problem. Unplug it for 15 minutes to reset the electronics. If no change when plugged back in, the control will need to be replaced. It is mounted on the back of the cabinet, shown as number 35 in the diagram at the link below.

CLICK HERE

The link below is to the part you will need!

CLICK HERE

All connections simply unplug and plug in.

If you would be so kind, would you please remember to rate my service USING THE STAR SCALE at the top or the bottom of the page before you leave today? You may post back at anytime with follow up questions. Please let me know how I may earn your 5 star rating! Thank you so much!

if the electronic panel does not come back up will the fridge and freezer still work?

Sometimes they do but not if you do not hear the compressor running. They can be unpredictable when that board fails so watch it closely so you don't lose all your food.

Ugh ok. Is there any way to get part faster
the board lights up when a button is pressed but it will not stay on.

You can get overnight shipping but it won't reach you until Tuesday. If you ahve a parts store in your city they may have it.

Dang. Ok.
Thank you.

You are very welcome, thank you!

If you would be so kind, would you please remember to rate my service USING THE STAR SCALE at the top or the bottom of the page before you leave today?

Kelly, Appliance Technician
thanks