Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

Whirlpool dryer only works on permanent press cycle. Dryer…

Whirlpool dryer only works...

Whirlpool dryer only works on permanent press cycle. Dryer was purchase in 2014.

Contractor's Assistant: Can you guesstimate how old your Whirlpool is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?

Dryer purchased on 8/2014 (4 years old). Model WED 4900XW2

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Yes, if possible.

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

It only dries when you use the 'Accudry Sensor dry' cycle. The other 'Timed Dry' cycle the dryer does not work.

3/11/2018
Ray, Home Appliance Technician

Hello, I'm Ray and would be happy to help you.. I looked up your model and I know that one very well.. It;s the Time on it going bad and needs to be replaced

Dryer timer

Parts #:(###) ###-####/p>

Substitution: WP8566184

$ 89.92

In Stock

Is that something the owner can do themselves??

I got that info off of sears parts direct website.

This is a Whirlpool dryer. Is this something that the owner can fix it themselves?

Yes, It's not hard at at if you are mechanically incline

at all

there is about 6 screws on the back plate of the console to take off at the timer will be right there to get to

If you have an appliance part place nearby they should have that timer

Is that Sears parts number the same for a Whirlpool dryer?

Yes

WP8566184 would be the correct part number

I checked youtube to see how to fix the timer and it appears to look easier enough for me to do. : )
Is that the only part that I need?

Yes, I told you it is easy :)

It won't heat at all on the other cycles?

No. It will not even turn on the other cycles (Timed dry)

I hope I was able to help you? Please rate me if you could, I would appreciate it very much. Thanks

That part of timer is shorted out

It;s pretty common for that to happen

Good luck to you

You would think that dryers should last longer than 4 years without something going bad. Thank you for all your help!

they use to but now they are all made in china and there is no more quality in them at all.. It's very sad

You are so very right! Bring back MADE IN USA!!!!

Trump is trying but they are fighting him not to

It would bring back some very good well paying jobs to the US, which is solely missing now!

I know. Our politicians have sold our country out

they have.

it's been nice chatting with you

Ray, Home Appliance Technician