Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

General Electric WB44X134 Broil Unit Replacemenet does not…

Customer Question
General Electric WB44X134 Broil...

General Electric WB44X134 Broil Unit Replacemenet does not align with the screw holes in the back of the oven and the electrical contacts are of a different type than the OEM. What should I do?

Contractor's Assistant: What's the make and model of your oven? And can you guesstimate how old it is?

GE , manual for it says it is a JKP 76. I think it is about 20 years old.

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Yes.

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

I have replaced the bake element with no problem. The replacement was identical to the OEM. But not with this broil element.

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Appliance
3/10/2018
Appliance Technician: Engineer-Tech, Home Appliance Technician replied 4 months ago
Engineer-Tech
Engineer-Tech, Home Appliance Technician

Hello and welcome to Just Answer. My name is ***** ***** I will be helping you. Sorry you are having trouble with your GE oven. Please give me a moment to review your question. Please note that it sometimes takes a while to type responses and answers. Also note that you may receive a phone call offer from Just Answer. That is automatically sent by the website and not from the expert.

I am showing a different part number for your range.

- PLEASE use the stars at the top or bottom of your screen my service before you leave today. Since we are on the honor system, Just Answer will only credit me for my time if you rate me positively. By giving me a rating of 4 or 5 stars at the TOP RIGHT of your screen I will provide free follow up questions for this appliance after this session. I am not always online, but answer questions as soon as I see them. So if you don't get an answer right away, don't worry, I log on daily to respond to questions. Thank you.