Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

I have a whirlpool dishwasher model WDT910SSYM1 and the

I have a whirlpool...

I have a whirlpool dishwasher model WDT910SSYM1 and the normal, hi temp overnight and cancel lights are lit but not flashing. Can't get it to clear or start

Contractor's Assistant: Can you guesstimate how old your Whirlpool is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?

WDT910SSYM1-model

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

5 or 6 years old Possibly-depends on the problem

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

I think that's it

3/11/2018
Webb-Guy
Webb-Guy, Handyman

Hello, and welcome to JustAnswer. My name is ***** ***** I will be the one to assist you. Sorry to hear that you are having this trouble. I apologize for the extended wait time you experienced, I've only just come online now and would like to assist you with your question if you are still needing help that is?

I have tried the reset procedures-cutting off power, pushing buttons in sequence etc. I ordered a new control panel and touchpad because I didn’t have any other strategies. If there’s something else I can try I would like to though

t​here is no pausing or flashing of the lights? Have you tired turning the breaker off for 5 minutes or unplugging it for 5 minutes to do a hard reset?

we have and no nothing is flashing
What do you think? I haven't seen anything else online like this

I​ have not come across this one myself either lets try putting the unit into diangostics mode and we can go from there.

http://www.appliancepartspros.com/lg-lamp-assembly-6913er4001a-ap4439284.html​

ok-so I'll click on the link and go through the steps
The link is about a lamp assembly-am I missing something?

it sent the wrong link sorry one moment.

This link is a diagram of some sort-not diagnostic instructions.

b​ottom left hand side of first page has the notes for entering service mode

The "service diagnostic notes"?
I may need you to walk me through this-how long do I leave the door closed after I push the buttons

so you will press the buttons then shut the door and leave it closed.

ok. did that. for how long?

does it seem to be doing anything?

No-what should it be doing?

ru​nning through diagnostics. It will seem like its running motors clicking lights changing. If its not doing anything then the problem is your control board has died and needs to be replaced.

It's not doing anything-I already ordered the part. Was hoping maybe there was something else to try first. Thanks for your help

you are very welcome. So yes the problem is most certainly with the control board having failed and needing to be replaced. This confirmed it.

My goal is to give you the best experience possible! I hope I have earned a 5 star rating! Please remember to rate my service by selecting the 5 stars at the top of the screen before you leave today. If you need more assistance, please use the reply box and let me know. Rating does not stop you from getting back to me in the event you need me. It has been a pleasure assisting you today.

Webb-Guy
Webb-Guy, Handyman