Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

3 Months ago the drain stopped working on our dishwasher…

3 Months ago the drain...
3 Months ago the drain stopped working on our dishwasher KitchenAid KDTE204DSS0. Ordered a new drain pump and installed and all has been working fine. Now about a week ago we ran a cycle. Thought it was done the next day only to find the "prowash", "heat dry", "start" & "washing indicator light - blue" was lit up and nothing going on. No buttons would function and no lights would go out. So we turned off the circuit breaker for 10 minutes and turned back on. Nothing functions on the touch panel now at all.
3/10/2018
Kelly, Appliance Technician

Thanks for counting on us to help with your appliance problem. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you!

Your touch panel is experiencing a failure. You may need to replace the control panel but there is a trick you can try first. Turn off the power to the appliance. Use a hair dryer to heat the panel up until very warm while rubbing firmly over each of the buttons. Often times, this will restore operation. Be sure to get the panel very warm but not hot enough to damage the plastic. If this does not work, the panel will need to be replaced. Let me know what happens and I can get you the correct part information.

Ran the blow dryer over the panel for about 5 minutes rubbing the buttons firmly with power disconnected.... and nothing. There's no other secret reset or fuse?

No, can you remove the panel from below the door?

you mean the "kick plate" panel where the drain pump is located?

Yes, in the right front corner there is a metal box. Remove that cover and see if those connections are tight at the incoming wires, please.

wires are tight. Any chance there is a recall for anything for my serial number?

No, there is no recall for that model. Do you have a meter to perform any electrical testing with?

I will have a meter for electrical testing when I get home this evening. What is it you want me to test?

We first will want to verify power to the dishwasher. If that is verified good, we can test voltage at the main control. However, given the behavior of the panel before and after heating, I am confident that the touch panel will need to be replaced.

I used the meter at the junction box on the dishwasher. I am getting no voltage. This evening we are going to run a new wire from the panel box to the dishwasher and see what happens then.

Excellent, sounds like you will be having a working dishwasher soon!

If you would be so kind, would you please remember to rate my service USING THE STAR SCALE at the top or the bottom of the page before you leave today? You may post back at anytime with follow up questions. Please let me know how I may earn your 5 star rating! Thank you so much!

Hello, I see this question is still open and I was just following up to see if you require further assistance.

Kelly, Appliance Technician
Just a follow up.... it was the actual circuit breaker in the electric panel box that was bad. All seems to be working fine now. Thanks for the help.