Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

Maytag 5000 series with Steam washer door remains locked. I…

Maytag 5000 series with...

Maytag 5000 series with Steam washer door remains locked. I pulled the panel at the bottom and was able to open the door but as soon as i close it again it locks and the light stays on. I removed all the water by opening the cleanout behind the bottom panel but this light still stays on

Contractor's Assistant: Can you guesstimate how old your Maytag is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?

6 years

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Yes

Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call.
Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
3/10/2018
Jason Pabon

Hello JACUSTOMER-f8asiujx, Thank you for your request. My name is ***** ***** I'll be assisting you with you problem. First, I need a model number. It should be located on the edge of the door opening. So open the washers door and look on the machine for a model and serial number tag. Please record the full model number.

Jason Pabon
Maytag MHWE500VW11 SER CSY4103964
Phone call session started