Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

I have a gas Maytag gemini (double) oven. The ignitor on the…

I have a gas...

I have a gas Maytag gemini (double) oven. The ignitor on the bottom oven was bad so I replaced it, but now the oven won't turn off. As soon as I plug in the power and turn on the gas, the oven lights and stays on. The top oven won't turn on at all. I have it disconnected now.

Contractor's Assistant: Can you guesstimate how old your Maytag is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?

MGR6875ADW28 i think at least 10 years old

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Ye yes

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

That's it. all i have is the stove top, that works fine.

3/10/2018
Kelly, Appliance Technician

Thanks for counting on us to help with your appliance problem. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you!

Please allow me just a few minutes to prepare some information for you, thank you!

thanks
no thanks
can you give me help via chat?

Sorry for the auto call offer, I have no control over those.

The oven control has a welded relay and will need to be replaced. Be sure to leave it disconnected until it is replaced because it will be a fire hazard if not!

The link below is to the part you will need!

CLICK HERE

All connections simply unplug and plug in.

If you would be so kind, would you please remember to rate my service USING THE STAR SCALE at the top or the bottom of the page before you leave today? You may post back at anytime with follow up questions. Please let me know how I may earn your 5 star rating! Thank you so much!

i was afraid of that. thank you!

You are very welcome, thank you!

If you would be so kind, would you please remember to rate my service USING THE STAR SCALE at the top or the bottom of the page before you leave today?

Kelly, Appliance Technician