Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

A Caminol was wrapped around the agitator and was shredded…

A Caminol was wrapped...

A Caminol was wrapped around the agitator and was shredded
Can the agitator be taken out?

Contractor's Assistant: I'll do all I can to help. How long have you been dealing with this?

Since this morning when I realized what had happened

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Yes

3/10/2018
Kelly, Appliance Technician

Thanks for counting on us to help with your appliance problem. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you!

On that model, the agitator (number 300 below) is just pressure fit over the coupling (number 310) and is designed to pull off with a sharp lift upward. Sometimes they can be hard to get off, so be persistent.

CLICK HERE

WATCH YOUR FACE WHEN YOU PULL THE AGITATOR OUT, THEY TEND TO SNAP OFF AND CAN EASILY HIT YOUR FACE WITH THE UPWARD JERKING MOTION!

If you would be so kind, would you please remember to rate my service USING THE STAR SCALE at the top or the bottom of the page before you leave today? You may post back at anytime with follow up questions. Please let me know how I may earn your 5 star rating! Thank you so much!

We tried what Kelly said to try but there is a clear cover that we can't get off. It is there as soon as we take the softener cup off. There is nothing to grab so we can't get to the bolt.

You don't take any bolts off, the agitator simply pulls off the coupling. It is pressure fit only.

All you have to do is grab the bottom of the agitator and lift sharply up. NO BOLT NEEDS TO BE REMOVED.

Kelly, Appliance Technician
Phone call session started

Calling now....