Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

Installing a viking electric wall oven. The cabinet

Installing a viking electric...

Installing a viking electric wall oven. The cabinet surrounding the unit seems to be betting very hot. Oven is vented to outside vent. Any suggestions?

Contractor's Assistant: Can you guesstimate how old your Viking is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?

Checking now

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

The oven is about 6 years old it is a viking professional. I just installed the oven, can the oven be flush against the cabinet or do I need to have some space. the

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

Should the cabinet that the unit is mounted into be getting hot?

3/10/2018
applianceguy
applianceguy, Customer Service
Hi. It is always better to have a little space between unit and cabinet. They do get very hot. If no space between, you will feel it on the cabinet. Let me look and see if I can find installation instructions.
Ray, Home Appliance Technician
Hello, I’m ray and would be happy to help you
Can you give me the model#?
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Looking for model number. Concerned that the cabinet is hot to touch and worried about catching fire
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Can you call me in about 15 minutes
Look on inside of door. Also look in vent area above door.
If you have room, you can get heat shields.
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Model number is *****
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Let me know if you need any additional information
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Hello!
I am unable to get the install instructions for this model. I will opt out so another tech may be able to help you
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Do I need to write another message or will the other agent respond to this text. I am a new client
Kelly, Appliance Technician

Sorry to hear you are having appliance trouble, I know how frustrating that can be! My name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you!

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Thanks looking for suggestions.

The oven sits flush against the cabinet face, see the installation manual attached. Is it the face of the cabinet that it hot?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
It’s the left side

Does the door seem to be shutting well to seal the oven?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
The top door does not sit flush

It sounds like the hinges may be a bent and not holding the door tightly enough to seal. If you open the door all the way, does it lay flat or slope down a bit? Placing a clear glass with water on the open door makes it easy to tell.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Took the doors will reinstall and let you know

Thank you.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Water is level

If you close the door, can you push it tight at the top or is it already tight?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Top door can be pushed bottom door is flush

Okay, so the hinges will need to be replaced. The door is not sealing as it should be, that is why it is getting hot around the door. I can get you replacement instructions, if you'd like.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I would appreciate if you can get me the instructions. Thanks for your help!

You bet! Please allow me just a few minutes to prepare some information for you, thank you!

The complete service manual may be downloaded at the link below!

CLICK HERE

Parts may be purchased from the company below. They will need your complete model and serial number.

CLICK HERE

If you would be so kind, would you please remember to rate my service USING THE STAR SCALE at the top or the bottom of the page before you leave today? You may post back at anytime with follow up questions. Please let me know how I may earn your 5 star rating! Thank you so much!

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Will rate. Thanks!

You are very welcome, thank you!

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Kelly you still on line?
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Looking to see how the Viking double oven vents.
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
On the double oven it vents out from the bottom. I guess that vent cannot have trim on the outside of the cabinet

Oh, no, you cannot block the air path at all. Did you install trim down there?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
No

Okay, so if the fan is running the issue is with the door not sealing well. I would proceed with hinge replacement.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Ok

Thank you.

If you would be so kind, would you please remember to rate my service USING THE STAR SCALE at the top or the bottom of the page before you leave today?

Kelly, Appliance Technician
Kelly, Appliance Technician