Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

Samsung RF4267hawp icemaker. Water does not fill ice maker,

Customer Question
no leaks. good water pressure...
samsung RF4267hawp icemaker. Water does not fill ice maker, no leaks. good water pressure. new filter.
Submitted: 1 month ago.Category: Appliance
3/10/2018
Appliance Technician: Webb-Guy, Handyman replied 1 month ago
Webb-Guy
Webb-Guy, Handyman

Hello, and welcome to JustAnswer. My name is ***** ***** I will be the one to assist you. Do you happen to have a multimeter I have a part I need you to test that I believe may have failed on you.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I do.
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Standing by for your call Travis.

sorry that the site offered the automatic phone call. ITs not from me and I am not available for a phone call at this time. I was not alerted to your response before now. Either way we are going to need to test the water inlet valve in the back of your unit for continuity. I believe it has failed and will be the part needing to be replaced.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Travis,
I don't know how to get at that valve. This is a French door so I assume that it is in back of the water filter.

so it seems that your particular unit does not have a water inlet valve it has this part which must have failed and will need replaced. There is no other logical explanation.

http://www.appliancepartspros.com/samsung-assy-case-water-da97-11340a-ap5332059.html​

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Travis,
The water comes fine to the door dispenser. Are you sure about the part required? Does it come with instructions?
Thank you for your expert advice,
Jim

so water is coming ou of the dispenser? Just not filling the ice maker? Are you sure the icemaker is not getting water? Maybe its just not making ice?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Water comes out the dispenser.
The ice maker became empty one day.
I do not feel any water when I reach up to where the ice gets made.
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
The circuit boards had an odor that didn't seem quite normal to me. The lower board has a little red light that is lit. I got a little shock when I touched the metal housing of the pair of large capacitors. The lower capacitor to ground read 160 volts. the upper one read 3 volts to ground. Just clues. Are you still around?
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Could the water line to the icemaker be frozen up?
Isn't there a dedicated solenoid for the ice maker? If so, it could be faulty?

that is a possibility you would need to take the icemaker itself out to verify this or not.

Webb-Guy
Webb-Guy
Webb-Guy, Handyman