Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

My Kenmore washing machine..I ran 3 loads this morning all…

My Kenmore washing machine..I...

My Kenmore washing machine..I ran 3 loads this morning all was fine the load I started filled with water but won't continue. Is there a fix

Contractor's Assistant: Can you guesstimate how old your Kenmore is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?

About 10 years old it's a Kenmore 500 series

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Was going to if it wasn't too complicated

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

Once before it did the same thing I opened the lid and shut it a couple of times and has worked ok for months now

3/10/2018
Gavin
Gavin, Home Appliance Technician

Hi, I'm Gavin and and I can help with your washer fault

Can you tell me if anything happens if you advance to a spin cycle please

nothing happens when I advance the wash cycle

Thank you. If nothing is happening on the spin cycle but it will will with water you will have a motor related fault. Hopefully just a broken cable or bad connection. If you get access to the motor it is quite easy for you to check for these yourself. I've attached a video to help you.

If you need anymore help with this please click reply and I'll be happy to help

Before you leave please click the stars to rate my help

Many Thanks

Gavin

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/q82wD659Sc0" frameborder="0" allow="autoplay; encrypted-media" allowfullscreen></iframe>

sorry try this link the other didn't work

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q82wD659Sc0

Gavin
Gavin, Home Appliance Technician