Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

I believe I need an ignitor for my Kenomore 600 gas dryer. I…

Customer Question
Good Morning, I believe...

Good Morning, I believe I need an ignitor for my Kenomore 600 gas dryer

Contractor's Assistant: Can you guesstimate how old your Kenmore is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?

I will have to go look Pearl.

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Yes if possible

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

Model 110.78632700

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Appliance
3/10/2018
Appliance Technician: Joel Swenson,
 replied 4 months ago
Joel Swenson

Hello sorry to hear you are having trouble, I'm Joel and will be glad to help you today.

If the dryer is not heating and the igniter does not start to glow when you start a cycle then yes it will need to be replaced, the replacement is:

Dryer Burner Igniter Kit

Part #: 686590 - click here for part info at sears

The igniter comes with instructions. Please let me know if you need anything else, thanks.

We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting the 5th star to the right at the top, (bottom if using a mobile phone) of the screen, you will see 5 empty stars, click on the 5th star to the right to give me a high rating. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service. Rating the answer does not close the question out, you can still find it in your My Questions if you need to follow up and have a further conversation with me. I do not get compensated until you rate, so it will be greatly appreciated, thanks.