Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

I have a Kitchenaide convection range with the error code…

Hello, I have...

Hello, I have a Kitchenaide convection range with the error code F8E0, the model # is KSEG950ESS0, serial # R54713672. I would like to troubleshoot the problem and replace the cooling fan myself if that is the issue. I have already cold-started the unit by shutting off the breaker and the problem persists. I installed the unit myself about one year ago. This stove has the downdraft fan with it.

Contractor's Assistant: Can you guesstimate how old your KitchenAid is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?

As a side note, we lost power just before this issue began. The unit #s are included in the previous note: I estimate the unit to be two years old: model # is KSEG950ESS0, serial # R54713672.

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Yes

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

The Power was out at the house for sixteen hours the day before the error code appeared

3/10/2018
Tyler Z., Appliance Doc

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I'll be helping you with your appliance question today. Please wait a few moments while I review your question.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Looking forward to your assistance, Thanks

You are exactly right, the cooling fan needs to be ordered and replaced. It's located below the cooktop on the left side of the oven. you will need to remove the cooktop in order to access the part. There is a sensor built into the fan to tell the oven if it's spinning fast enough and you can't replace the sensor separately so it doesn't matter if the sensor is bad or the fan is bad--the blower fan as an assembly must be replaced. Below is a link to the part you'll need to order and replace for your model.

CLICK HERE for cooling fan motor

I hope I have earned a 5 star rating. We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top or bottom of the screen before you leave today and reply back here letting me know with a rating of 1-5 stars (5 being the best). If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.

Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Would a fluctuation in the power grid cause this problem? Also. The burner "hot" indicator light on the right side of the unit works sporadically. could these issues be related to the power going out?
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Can you send me a .pdf on the cut away replacement of the blower assembly?

The issues are not related, but yes a power outage or fluctuation can definitely cause the part to fail. The part is part 43 on the breakdown diagram below for Chassis Parts

CLICK HERE for parts breakdown

The file for the service manual is too large so below is a link to download on filedropper.com the segment of the manual you need for access.

CLICK HERE for file

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Thanks Tyler, I gave you a 5 star rating.

Thank you and good luck!

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I live Near Exton, PA. To the west of Philladelphia, PA. Is there a walk-in store I could go into today or tomorrow and aquire this part? My wife wants to bake tonight and if I could fix this before sundown, I might get some cookies and milk before bed.Thanks. P.S. I will drive up to 45 minutes to get the part

I'm not sure any place locally that would have your part. You can contact Sears Parts and Service center if you have one.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Thanks
Tyler Z., Appliance Doc