Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

MY MAYTAG DISH WASHER MODEL MDBH989AWQ2 WILL NOT START THE…

MY MAYTAG DISH WASHER...

MY MAYTAG DISH WASHER MODEL MDBH989AWQ2 WILL NOT START THE HEAT DRY LITE IS THE ONLY ONE ON

Contractor's Assistant: Can you guesstimate how old your Maytag is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?

NOT SURE ON THE AGE, MODEL MBDH98AWQ2

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

YES

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

I REPLACE THE DOOR HANDLE BUT THAT DID NOT FIX THE PROBLEM

Answered in 1 minute by:
3/10/2018
Tyler Z., Appliance Doc

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I'll be helping you with your appliance question today. Please wait a few moments while I review your question.

To start, press and hold the Heat Dry button for 5 seconds to see if the control lock will disengage. If that doesn't work, your touch control panel has just failed and would need to be replaced I'm sorry to say. Below is a link to the part you'd need to order and replace, and the cost is about $105.

CLICK HERE for touch control panel

I hope I have earned a 5 star rating. We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top or bottom of the screen before you leave today and reply back here letting me know with a rating of 1-5 stars (5 being the best). If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.

THE HEAT LITE IS THE ONLY ONE ON

Yes I understand that. Did you not read my answer? Here it is again.

QUOTE:

CLICK HERE for touch control panel

Tyler Z., Appliance Doc