Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

I have a whirlpool quiet partner ii dishwasher and the

I have a whirlpool...

I have a whirlpool quiet partner ii dishwasher and the lights on the panel started blinking. I have powered it down and up with the same results

Contractor's Assistant: Can you guesstimate how old your Whirlpool is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?

DU1055XTVS1 about 10 years old

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

If possible

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

Lights seem to be flashing randomly

Answered in 1 minute by:
3/10/2018
Nolan Rettig
Nolan Rettig, Home Appliance Technician

Hello, My name is ***** ***** I will be assisting you with your issues today. Please give me a minute to review your question.

If you are getting flashing lights on the control panel and can't start a cycle or anything then you are going to be looking at an issue with the touchpad of the unit. I have had varied success with a loose connection at the control board of the unit but it doesn't hurt to give it a try to start. What you will want to do is kill power to the unit at the breaker. Then around the inside of the door you will see screws, Torx 20 if memory serves, take those out and the control panel should sort of drop down. The cable from the touchpad to the control board is a thin ribbon cable, you will want to unplug that from the control and reseat it ensuring that it is connected tight, while you have it apart you can also inspect the cable to see if there appears to be anything damaged, sometimes you will see a little burnt area in the ribbon. Once this is done put it back together and turn the breaker back on and see if you are still getting the same thing.

If you went through that and are still getting the blinking lights on that panel then you would at that point need to replace the touch pad on the machine to restore it to working order, and if that is the case I can get you the part number and stuff for the replacement part.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
OK I need a few minutes

Sure thing just let me know what you find.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Well that seemed to have worked. the lights went back to normal and it is running a cycle now. Did not get to look at the ribbon though.

Oh nice, maybe it was just a loose connection in there then, glad to hear that seems to be making it working. I was happy to assist you with this issue today, if you wouldn't mind taking a moment to rate my service today with the stars along the top of the page it would be greatly appreciated and is the only way I will receive credit for helping you! I always strive for 5 star service and if you do have any more questions after rating me you can always come back to this question and post them

Nolan Rettig
Nolan Rettig, Home Appliance Technician
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Thanks.
Nolan Rettig
Nolan Rettig
Nolan Rettig, Home Appliance Technician