Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

F8 code on display panel. Oven is a 24 inch in cabinet.

F8 code on display...

F8 code on display panel. Oven is a 24 inch in cabinet. Model # J RSO4BOW3

Contractor's Assistant: What's the make and model of your oven? And can you guesstimate how old it is?

GE

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

If possible yes

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

What is the F8 referring to?

3/10/2018
Tyler Z., Appliance Doc

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I'll be helping you with your appliance question today. Please wait a few moments while I review your question.

F9 means that the oven doesn't think it's getting 220 volts to the oven from your house. Flip the circuit breaker off on your house for 60 seconds and re-apply power. If you still have problems, you'll need to pull the oven out and test power at the junction block where the power cord connects to the oven. You should have 220 volts. If so then your main control board has just failed and would need to be replaced.

I hope I have earned a 5 star rating. We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top or bottom of the screen before you leave today and reply back here letting me know with a rating of 1-5 stars (5 being the best). If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.

Code is F8. Not F9.

Sorry that was a Typo, I meant F8. F9 is a door latch error.

Thanks.

No problem and again I'm sorry about the confusion. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top or bottom of the screen before you leave today and if you need anything else just let me know.

Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Tyler saved me a house call to see if problem worth repairing. Talked to a local appliance repairman. Response was part is more than half of the cost of a new oven. Why spend the money on something outdated? Waiting on the new oven to arrive. Nice job. Thumbs UP !!