Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

The number pad on my Jenn-Air model JGR8775QDS does not

Customer Question
The number pad on...

The number pad on my Jenn-Air model JGR8775QDS does not respond to the numbers 3, 6 and nine.

Contractor's Assistant: I'll do all I can to help. How long have you been dealing with this?

Started yesterday, I baked a cake at 350 at ten in the am, worked fine, then around 5 I tried to reheat some food in the oven at 350, and the 3 did not work

Contractor's Assistant: What's the make and model of your oven? And can you guesstimate how old it is?

2006, Jenn-Air Model#JGR8775QDS

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Yes, my husband is very handy and could repair it himself-is there a possibility it could be feset?

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Appliance
3/10/2018
Appliance Technician: Joel Swenson,
 replied 4 months ago
Joel Swenson

Hello sorry to hear you are having trouble, I'm Joel and will be glad to help you today.

It's possible it may reset, the only way to reset it is to kill power to the unit at the breaker for 5 minutes then restore power, set the clock on the control if necessary then see if the key on the keypad are working, if not then the control panel would need to be replaced, but the issue with that is they are no longer being manufactured for that model so you can't get them new anymore, sometimes you can find used ones listed on ebay but there are not any listed at this time. The part number for the control panel is: 5701M665-60

So unfortunately if the reset does not work and the problem continues, your will likely just have to replace the entire unit.

We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting the 5th star to the right at the top, (bottom if using a mobile phone) of the screen, you will see 5 empty stars, click on the 5th star to the right to give me a high rating. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service. Rating the answer does not close the question out, you can still find it in your My Questions if you need to follow up and have a further conversation with me. I do not get compensated until you rate, so it will be greatly appreciated, thanks.