Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

Dryer doesn't heat up checked the igniter and it glows but…

Dryer doesn't heat up...

Dryer doesn't heat up checked the igniter and it glows but doesn't ignite

Contractor's Assistant: What's the make and model of your dryer? And can you guesstimate how old it is?

Whirlpool wgd5100vq1 and I think its about 8 yrs old

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Yes

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

The setting knob if I put it on automatic dry it gets stuck at one spot

Answered in 1 minute by:
3/10/2018
Appliance Tech Dave
Appliance Tech Dave, Home Appliance Technician

Hello, this is Dave and I welcome you to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question now, and will post back with your reply ASAP.

Does the ignitor ever stop glowing?

after a few seconds it does

Thanks. Are you on propane or natural gas? As long as the gas supply is connected you likely have a bad coil in the valve. Do you have a meter to check the coils?

natural gas and no I don't have a meter to check the coils

Okay, well iot is a safe bet one of the coils has failed and they come as a kit. One part number is ***** you need to replace both coils. The part number is ***** You can get them at a local Sears or other appliance store or many places online. Does this help? Dave

it does thank you
hope fully that will fix it

You are welcome. Best wishes to you.

thank you

;)

Appliance Tech Dave
Jason Pabon
Jason Pabon, Lead Technician
Phone call session started