Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

I have a profile refrigerator model number pdf22mfwaww.

Customer Question
Hello, I have a...

Hello, I have a profile refrigerator model number pdf22mfwaww. After a power outage the compressor is not coming back on. There is a short buzzing sound when the refrigerator is plugged in, but not compressor. The lights turn on, but that is all.

Contractor's Assistant: Have you tried power cycling the appliance -- unplugging it and leaving it off for a few hours?

Yes

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Possibly, depending on what it may be.

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

No. that seems to be everything

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Appliance
3/10/2018
Appliance Technician: Joel Swenson,
 replied 4 months ago
Joel Swenson

Hello sorry to hear you are having trouble, I'm Joel and will be glad to help you today.

The main control board was damaged during the power surge and will have to replaced, very common issue for those boards to be damaged by a power surge. The replacement board and instructions to replace it are listed below:

Refrigerator Electronic Control Board

Part #: WR55X10942 - click here for part info at sears

below is a video showing how to replace the board , the unit in the video may not be the same model unit as yours but it's the same replacement procedure across all GE models:

click here for video

We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting the 5th star to the right at the top, (bottom if using a mobile phone) of the screen, you will see 5 empty stars, click on the 5th star to the right to give me a high rating. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service. Rating the answer does not close the question out, you can still find it in your My Questions if you need to follow up and have a further conversation with me. I do not get compensated until you rate, so it will be greatly appreciated, thanks.

Appliance Technician: Joel Swenson,
 replied 4 months ago

Hi there,
I see you have read the answer a while ago and I have not heard back from you, if there is nothing else I can help you with at this time please take a moment to rate my assistance and if you need anything later on you can still follow up, thank you.