Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

Water is coming out of the water supply line where it goes…

Customer Question
Water is coming out...

Water is coming out of the water supply line where it goes into the back of my Elite refrigerator bottom freezer ice maker

Contractor's Assistant: What's the make and model of the fridge? And can you guesstimate how old is it?

Kenmore, #795.79043.312, 2 years old

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Yes

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

So far I have taken everything out and plan on removing the ice maker

Submitted: 1 month ago.Category: Appliance
3/10/2018
Appliance Technician: Joel Swenson,
 replied 1 month ago
Joel Swenson

Hello sorry to hear you are having trouble, I'm Joel and will be glad to help you today.

If you remove the ice maker and turn the water supply off to the refrigerator then the leak will stop and the problem solved. If you want to repair the problem then replace the line that's leaking. If you want to replace the line, please tell me if it's the actual supply line from your home to the unit leaking or the water line on the refrigerator itself and I will find you a replacement to replace it with, thanks.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
the line itself isn't leaking but the water is coming out of the back of the refrigerator where line goes in
Appliance Technician: Joel Swenson,
 replied 1 month ago

where it connects to the water valve?

Appliance Technician: Joel Swenson,
 replied 1 month ago

is the line a copper line or is it a clear plastic line or is it a white non clear line?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
White
Appliance Technician: Joel Swenson,
 replied 1 month ago

ok then the gasket on the water line is bad, you just need to replace the line, you can pick one up at lowes, I linked you to the line below so you know what to get:

click here for water line info at lowes

We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting the 5th star to the right at the top, (bottom if using a mobile phone) of the screen, you will see 5 empty stars, click on the 5th star to the right to give me a high rating. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service. Rating the answer does not close the question out, you can still find it in your My Questions if you need to follow up and have a further conversation with me. I do not get compensated until you rate, so it will be greatly appreciated, thanks.

Appliance Technician: Joel Swenson,
 replied 1 month ago

Hi there,
I see you have read the answer a while ago and I have not heard back from you, if there is nothing else I can help you with at this time please take a moment to rate my assistance and if you need anything later on you can still follow up, thank you.

Joel Swenson
Joel Swenson
Joel Swenson