Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

We have the GE Profile washer dryer stacker...the washer is…

Customer Question
We have the GE...

We have the GE Profile washer dryer stacker...the washer is going thru the cycles now but the buzzer and light (door lock) is stuck on

Contractor's Assistant: Can you guesstimate how old your GE is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?

It is 9 years old...and I am not near the unit to look at the model #...the washer has a round door on the bottom and dryer on top. It is in a Rental unit, so I cannot see it until the morning...I was hoping for some ideas to try...I told the tenant to unplug and try reboot it?

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Only if it is. Something simple....we have found with major repairs it is cheaper just to go and buy a new one! What do yu think?

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

The only thing I can think of is when I go to shut the washer door I always have to lift it a bit to get it to close...like it needs adjusting on the hinges?

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Appliance
I am trouble downloading the picture to you
3/10/2018
Appliance Technician: Ray, Home Appliance Technician replied 4 months ago
Ray, Home Appliance Technician
Hello, I’m ray and would be happy to help you. Try unplugging the machine for ten minutes then try it then let me know the outcome. It could be the motor computer control causing that
Already did that
Thank you.,,I want to cancel my “subscription” as you did not answer my question so I am just going to buy a new one...can you do that for me?

ok thanks

Thank you… No offense… This unit is in a vacation rental condo and I just can’t wait for repairs.

to be honest with you, one they are around ten years old it's really better to replace them because it's all down hill from there for the machine