Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

I have a GE Profile Top Loading washer WPGT9350c0pl and it…

Customer Question
I have a GE...

I have a GE Profile Top Loading washer WPGT9350c0pl and it keeps giving me an error message that this unit has a problem. I run diagnosis and it comes back as "The motor is not rotating properly. Check and replace if necessary." I unplug it wait, plug it in and clear the service mode and sometimes it runs normal sometimes it goes back to same error. Does it really need a motor?

Contractor's Assistant: Can you guesstimate how old your GE is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?

Model is WPGT9350C0PL GE Profile Harmony about10 years old I guess?

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

If not too extensive

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

Not that I am aware of

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Appliance
Answered in 1 day by:
3/11/2018
Appliance Technician: Michelle-mod, Moderator replied 4 months ago
Michelle-mod
Michelle-mod, Moderator
Hello:
I'm Michelle, the moderator for this category. I'm so sorry that an Expert has not connected with you yet. I wanted to reach out to see if you still needed assistance with your question? Please use the reply box below to let me know if you'd like to continue or cancel.
Thank you!
Michelle~Moderator
If you have the answer Tony questionthen a reply would help.
Appliance Technician: Kelly, Appliance Technician replied 4 months ago
Kelly, Appliance Technician

Thanks for counting on us to help with your appliance problem. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you!

If it is resetting, the issue is most likely with a connection rather than a part failure. I would remove the connectors from the motor and the main control and reset them to alleviate any connection issue.

Is it noisy at all when it does spin?

Too late

I understand, thank you. I can send your deposit in for a refund, if you would like.

please

I will send it in right away. Have a great week!