Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

My oven after preheating turns off, I dont know, Yes, Model…

My oven after preheating...

My oven after preheating turns off

Contractor's Assistant: What's the make and model of your oven? And can you guesstimate how old it is?

I dont know

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Yes

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

Model number

Model number Jgsp28sen2ss, general electric
3/10/2018
Appliance Guru
Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician

One moment please..Note it takes time to type and add links so please be patient. Also the site will send you a phone call offer, that is not me.

Normally that is a bad ignitor on the unit,

When that happens you need to replace the oven ignitor on the unit. Turn the oven on and then open the door. If the glow ignitor is getting voltage it will glow unless it is broken. If it is not glowing you can test the ignitor for 120 volts to the ingitor with a volt meter. If it has power to it is bad for sure. Now if it is weak, it will glow but it will not pull enough current to open the gas valve. They typically have to draw 3.2-3.6 amps for a square style one or 2.2-2.8 amps for a round style one. If they do not draw enough they will never open the gas valve or take a long long time to open them. The ignitors are pretty easy to change out, just 2 screws and two wires to either plug in or splice together. Here is a video to assist.

CLICK HERE PART

CLICK HERE

All I ask is...Please remember to use the RATING LINK ON YOUR PAGE by selecting a star at the top or bottom of the screen before you leave today. Even though you paid the site they will not disburse any part of it to me until you supply a good rating. If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.

thanks for the response, I changed the ignitor last weekend and I see it now glow, and heats up the over but then shuts off after 10 minutes.. same issue with old ignitor

If it shuts off then you have a temperature control issue.

Appliance Guru
Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician