Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

I have an F1 error on my Kenmore Elite Refrigerator. Model…

I have an F1...

I have an F1 error on my Kenmore Elite Refrigerator. Model #795.72053.113

Contractor's Assistant: Can you guesstimate how old your Kenmore is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?

70 months old

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

If I can.

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

No water or ice. If I unplug the ref. it starts back up. Giving me water and ice. Then it stops and gives me error f1.

Answered in 1 minute by:
3/10/2018
Tyler Z., Appliance Doc

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I'll be helping you with your appliance question today. Please wait a few moments while I review your question.

Are you sure the error isn't an 1F? There is no F1 error on this unit.

My mistake it is 1F
I think it is the ice maker or is it something else.

So first, let me explain this error. Error "Er IF" means that your icemaker fan motor isn't spinning properly. This fan motor is located behind the back wall inside the freezer in the upper left corner. Now normally just frost or ice build up has accumulated inside the fan housing causing this issue. You can generally just unplug the refrigerator for 24 hours and let everything thaw out and it will function normally afterwards.

For a more immediate solution, you would need to unplug the refrigerator, remove everything out of the freezer section including the drawer and icemaker (if you have one inside the freezer) and remove the back panel inside the freezer to expose the fan motor, then use a hair dryer to thaw the fan out quicker.

If for some reason just thawing the fan motor out doesn't resolve the issue, the icemaker fan motor would need to be replaced because it's failing.

I hope I have earned a 5 star rating. We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top or bottom of the screen before you leave today and reply back here letting me know with a rating of 1-5 stars (5 being the best). If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.

I will unplug the ref. for 24 hours. If that does it work I will do the rest.Thanks for the help
You have earned a 5 star and more

No problem and glad to help. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top or bottom of the screen before you leave today.

Tyler Z., Appliance Doc