Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

Kenmore he5 washing machine wont start, it is around 9-10…

Kenmore he5 washing machine...

Kenmore he5 washing machine wont start

Contractor's Assistant: Can you guesstimate how old your Kenmore is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?

Hi there it is around 9-10 yrs old

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Hopefully

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

Just started. i tried to run the diagnostic and every light on the control panel lit up and started flashing like a strobe light

3/10/2018
Webb-Guy
Webb-Guy, Handyman

Hello, and welcome to JustAnswer. My name is ***** ***** I will be the one to assist you. Sorry to hear that you are having this trouble. Have you tried unplugging your appliance for 5 minutes to do a hard reset yet? If unplugging is not easy to do turning off the breaker for 5 minutes does the same thing.

hi there i have left it unplugged for about an hour. i do not know how to do a hard reset.

a hard reset is just leaving it unplugged. So that didn't seem to work. So from what you are describing it sounds like the control board has died and may need to be replaced sadly.

is the door locking when you try to start it?

i tried to remove the motor control unit wire and this did not change anything.do you have a suggestion for where to get the parts?

well first is the door locking?

hi there, sorry missed your question about the door. I can not get to the point where the door will lock.I just plugged the machine back in and when i hit the power button it just beeps 3 times and no lights come on. so i can not get to the point where i can select a cycle to see if the door will lock.

ok yes that is certainly the control board then. So either one of the sites I just sent you would be good reliable companies to order parts through.

My goal is to give you the best experience possible! I hope I have earned a 5 star rating! Please remember to rate my service by selecting the 5 stars at the top of the screen before you leave today. If you need more assistance, please use the reply box and let me know. Rating does not stop you from getting back to me in the event you need me. It has been a pleasure assisting you today.

Webb-Guy
Webb-Guy, Handyman
hi there, i quickly looked on the sites and could not find the part. am i searching the wrong thing?

can you grab me the model number and I will find the part and part number for you?

Sn 110 47081601
Serial csw0811901Thanks