Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

I have a Maytag Neptune washer Model number MAH7500 and the…

I have a Maytag...

I have a Maytag Neptune washer Model number MAH7500 and the control panel is flashing but unreadable and it also stopped in mid cycle and is full of water

Contractor's Assistant: Can you guesstimate how old your Maytag is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?

It’s probably at least 10 years old not sure what u mean by exact model

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Yes

3/10/2018
Tyler Z., Appliance Doc

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I'll be helping you with your appliance question today. Please wait a few moments while I review your question.

Unfortunately a flashing control panel means that your LCD board has and internal short. You can try to unplug the washer for 5 minutes and see if it'll reset, but if that doesn't work, the entire LCD board would have to be replaced I'm sorry to say. The part number is ***** but it's no longer made and it was about $450 when it was made. If you can't locate one on Ebay or something like that, you'd have to replace the washer.

I hope I have earned a 5 star rating. We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top or bottom of the screen before you leave today and reply back here letting me know with a rating of 1-5 stars (5 being the best). If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.

Thanks for the information you were very helpful

Not a problem but I'm very sorry about the bad news.

No problem we bought it used and it had a good run

If you get a new washer, I hope it also has a good run. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top or bottom of the screen before you leave today and if you need anything else just let me know.

Tyler Z., Appliance Doc