Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

F1 e5 error code on kaid mw and oven combo ,replaced the…

Customer Question
F1 e5 error code...

F1 e5 error code on kaid mw and oven combo ,replaced the management board and invertor board timer on board runs counts down for 7 secs and turntable stops and I hear some relay clicking off no heat,timer stops counting down fan still running.need some help

Contractor's Assistant: Have you checked for the code in the manual?

Yes I have checked the countinutiy on wiring all checks ok

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

I am a tech

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

What you need to help me

Submitted: 1 month ago.Category: Appliance
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
m# ***** what else you need from me to find out why it is doing that.
3/10/2018
Appliance Technician: Jason Pabon,
 replied 1 month ago
Jason Pabon

Hello JACUSTOMER-525ktjjh, I'd be happy to try to help with you microwave. After reading the manufacturer lit. on this. seems like you almost covered it all. The literatur states that after replacing the two parts you have, If the issue returns, Check the door switches. If it still returns, Replace the mag. Personally, If I replace a mag, I also replace the diode, and for good measure I CHECK the cap but the cap rarely checks bad.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Why will clock start counting down after 7 secs and tunrtable will stop rotating.if door swt is bad why will it initially start ?
Appliance Technician: Jason Pabon,
 replied 1 month ago

Good question. So typically, in most MWs the tt motor and hi voltage side are monitored all in the same circuit by the "Monitor" switch. This is for safety reasons. It makes sure that the hi side cannot get power unless the door is closed. As a back up, if the monitor switch shorts closed with door open, then the natural state of the primary and secondary switches will provide a dead short and blow the fuse.

In the case of your model, this is all facilitated by the MW Appliance Manager. The monitor switch traces back to the control inverter on the applnc mngr. What COULD be happening is the switch works fine at the start, but after literally warming up due to current passing through it, the bimetal in the switch could be "bending" away from the contact, but not far enough to close the other side of the switch (much like the way a wax motor works). This state would kill the power to the control inverter (Located on the appliance manager) thus stopping the tt and killing the power to the MW relay.

We call that "Dying under a load" and it's a difficult diag.

Good Luck, Hope that helps

Appliance Technician: Jason Pabon,
 replied 1 month ago

BTW. "Control Inverter" should not be confused with "MW Inverter". The control inverter is a low voltage inverter located ON the appliance manager board.

Appliance Technician: Jason Pabon,
 replied 1 month ago

If you are satisfied with my information, Please rate my service. Thank You

Jason Pabon
Jason Pabon
Jason Pabon