Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

I have a dishwasher energy star 2017 model. i went to start…

I have a dishwasher...

I have a dishwasher energy star 2017 model. i went to start the DW pushed the prowash button usually it lights up then pushed the start button. notthing happened the lock emblem flashes 3 times and nothing. it worked fine this morning. I unpluged the power let it set and plugged it back in the same trhing.

Contractor's Assistant: Just to clarify, what's the make and model of your dishwasher? And have you run a diagnostic test cycle?

Kitchen aid KDTM354Dss4

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Lf I can

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

What should I look for and do

Answered in 1 minute by:
3/10/2018
Tyler Z., Appliance Doc

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I'll be helping you with your appliance question today. Please wait a few moments while I review your question.

It sounds like your control lock is just engaged. To remove the control lock, press and hold the "TOP RACK ONLY" button for 5 seconds and that should remove the control lock so you can use the dishwasher like normal once again.

I hope I have earned a 5 star rating. We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top or bottom of the screen before you leave today and reply back here letting me know with a rating of 1-5 stars (5 being the best). If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.

Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
It worked