Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

We just bought a used Whirlpool Cabrio washer/dryer. The…

Customer Question
We just bought a...

We just bought a used Whirlpool Cabrio washer/dryer. The dryer worked when FIRST plugged in and for about 20 minutes with a small load of sheets and pillow cases. It then powered off completely and will not power back on. We've checked the fuses, unplugged/plugged back in, everything we could think of - but it will still not power back on.

Contractor's Assistant: Can you guesstimate how old your Whirlpool is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?

Cabrio - big, grey/steel color, steam option

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Sorry, I can't find the paperwork on it. I think it's still in my daughter's car

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

Debends on if it's an easy fix. A fuse in the dryer? Something overheated or burned out after that first load? Can we diagnose it ourselves?

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Appliance
Whirlpool Cabrio Dryer - Model: WED8500DC Serial: M53736729
Answered in 1 day by:
3/11/2018
Appliance Technician: Webb-Guy, Handyman replied 4 months ago
Webb-Guy
Webb-Guy, Handyman

Hello, and welcome to JustAnswer. My name is ***** ***** I will be the one to assist you. Sorry to hear that you are having this trouble. I apologize for the extended wait time you experienced, I've only just come online now and would like to assist you with your question if you are still needing help that is?

Still trying to figure it out
I prefer doing this online. I'm fine with typing

so​rry if the site offered the phone call its not from me. Do you happen to have a multimeter?