Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

Pulled the wash cycle knob out and it came off.tried pushing…

Pulled the wash cycle...

Pulled the wash cycle knob out and it came off.tried pushing it back on but doesn't work

Contractor's Assistant: What's the make and model of your washing machine? And can you guesstimate how old it is?

Maytag centennial

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Yes

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

I can put it back on but when I pull it out to choose the desired setting it comes off

Answered in 1 minute by:
3/9/2018
Tyler Z., Appliance Doc

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I'll be helping you with your appliance question today. Please wait a few moments while I review your question.

Do you happen to have a full model number located on a sticker below the lid tucked down underneath (not on the lid itself) by the hinges? It’s really difficult to see because they try to hide it.

Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
mvwc200xw3
Phone call session started