Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

One more try! My LG dishwasher flashes a code after trying…

Customer Question
One more try!...

One more try! My LG dishwasher flashes a code after trying to turn it on, does L( or 1) mean anything to you? I believe the model info is

Contractor's Assistant: What LG model do you have? How old is it?

Okay, one more try! My LG dishwasher flashes L or 1) E after a few seconds and will go no further. I believe the model nimbler is LDF 5545ST. of course I have no idea where my manual is!

Contractor's Assistant: Does the TV menu work? Do you have the same problem on all sources/inputs?

What TV This is a dishwasher!

Contractor's Assistant: The TV Technician will be able to walk you through that. How long has this been an issue with your LG? What happened right before this?

Just for the heck of it how about a tech. That knows the difference between a dishwasher and a TV! My L.G DISHWASHER timer numerals revert to a blinking “IE”” (or might be 1E) and will not progress further in cleaning. I believe the model number is ***** 5545ST. (Very tiny letters for my old eyes!)

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else you want the TV Expert to know before I connect you?

Help!

Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Appliance
Answered in 1 minute by:
3/9/2018
Appliance Technician: Tyler Z., Appliance Doc replied 3 months ago
Tyler Z., Appliance Doc

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I'll be helping you with your appliance question today. Please wait a few moments while I review your question.

Error IE means that the dishwasher isn't filling up with water quick enough. You'll need to make sure you have a good water supply to the dishwasher. Turn the water off to the dishwasher and disconnect the water supply hose. Make sure the inlet screen where it connects to the dishwasher isn't clogged. If you still have problems, the valve under the dishwasher needs to be ordered and replaced.

I hope I have earned a 5 star rating. We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top or bottom of the screen before you leave today and reply back here letting me know with a rating of 1-5 stars (5 being the best). If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.

I guess I need more help! I am a 76 year old woman who has no idea how to do either of the things you suggested! This is an installed unit.
Do I have to call a repair person and pay a large amount?! Please respond!

OK if you need a technician you'll need to call a local servicer I'm afraid. You can order what service center in your area.

CLICK HERE for service center

since I haven’t chosen to pay you more or give you stars that is your “ help”!?

My help was what I originally told you, then you said you couldn't do it so what more can I do other than tell you to call a technician out to do the steps I told you before?