Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

REFRIG MAKES ICE BUT NO FILTERED WATER COMES OUT. MODEL #

REFRIG MAKES ICE BUT...

REFRIG MAKES ICE BUT NO FILTERED WATER COMES OUT.

Contractor's Assistant: What's the make and model? And can you guesstimate how old it is?

MODEL # GSHL5KGXCCLS

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

IF I CAN

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

COULD IT BE THE FILTER?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call.
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
3/9/2018
Engineer-Tech
Engineer-Tech, Home Appliance Technician

Hello and welcome to Just Answer. My name is ***** ***** I will be helping you. Sorry you are having trouble with your . Please give me a moment to review your question. Please note that it sometimes takes a while to type responses and answers.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Could it be the water filter

Not if your icemaker is working.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Any suggestions?

Ok. I thought you had requested a phone call? I have to log off but was able to still make a call.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Do you have any answers?

I can send you an answer through here now but will have to log off immediately and will be back in 45 minutes in case you have followup questions. Is that acceptable?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Sure

Ok. No problem!

Generally when you have this type of issue with a GE side by side, it is a frozen dispenser line. There are a number of ways to thaw it out. Using a hair dryer on low heat from a distance pointed at the dispenser (where the water comes out) for 10 or 15 minutes, as well as 5 minutes on the other side of the freezer door (from inside of the freezer directly in back of where the water line give water) can work well. Use LOW heat with the hair dryer from a distance so you don't warp the plastic around the dispenser. I will attach a few videos to help you out. These will be models GE different than yours, but have the same problem and are basically the same on the inside of the door. To help reduce the chance of it recurring, turn the freezer temp up slightly and use the water frequently.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EwJ_EatXJ9g

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=52OfpE8zENA&t=2s

- PLEASE use the stars at the top or bottom of your screen my service before you leave today. Since we are on the honor system, Just Answer will only credit me for my time if you rate me positively. By giving me a rating of 4 or 5 stars at the TOP RIGHT of your screen I will provide free follow up questions for this appliance after this session. I am not always online, but answer questions as soon as I see them. So if you don't get an answer right away, don't worry, I log on daily to respond to questions. Thank you!!

Engineer-Tech
Engineer-Tech
Engineer-Tech